One of the best memories that I had is the holidays that I spend with my brother and my parents in Iquique last year.
I was a gift from my brother to my parents because I went a year before but alone. That was the time when my parents first fly on an airplane, so they were very nervous.
In Iquique we went so many places, most of them I didn't ever hear of. First day we went to Mamiña, a small village between the mountains. Next day we went to Camiña, another small village most to the north, it look so alike Mamiña and both of them had it's own harvest for the hole village.
Then we went to the Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works and we could feel the history that have been past in there. It's a really magic place.
But my favorite is always Pica, a small town near to Iquique full of trees, a really delicious jam and the best of all is the thermal baths.
I hope to get there this holidays so I can spend more time with my brother.

Iquique is very close to Antofagasta, the city where I born. After reading your post I really want to come back and visit Iquique again because the last time that I went there was like 2 or 3 years ago.
ResponderEliminar